Monday, June 21, 2010

If I had a million dollars...

Yesterday I went on a wonderful bike ride on the Georgian Trail with my best friend.

We ended at Raven Golf Course where we rested, had a sip of our delicious tap water and headed on back to Meaford.

While we sat there, sipping our "high quality H2O," as my best friend would say, I was thinking... what motivates someone to buy a Land Rover and hang out at the golf course for a good time? Why does a good time involve a bulldozer to rip out beautious real nature, in order for it to be possible to install a fake nature of some human imagination?

Why don't I buy in to the golf craze? (Please don't yell at me because I find golf elitist, selfish and boring).

It dawned on me...perhaps I am just a hypocrite and I have tricked myself into not wanting a Hummer just because I can't afford one. Perhaps, all this time I secretly pined away for all those lost golf afternoons thrown away in my backyard?

Nah...

So, for this post I am putting down a list of what I would have if I had a million dollars (of discretionary funds of course).

Five things I would buy (prices are rounded):
1. Alto Trailer $30,000
2. Zenn Car $20,000(just to make my best friend jealous - sure I would let him drive it once in a while)
3. Organic Linen Sheets $440
4. Wonder Sock Loom $70
5. Masonry Heat Kit Stove $5,000 minimum - likely $15,000

Of course, that last one would require a new house to go with it as my house is entirely too small for something like this. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment