Monday, August 16, 2010

Lions, Tigers, and Academic Papers, Oh,my!

Okay, it doesn't roll off the tongue.

I am drowning in end-of-term papers. Or more accurately, I am drowning in papers and books. My whole bed is covered and has stayed like that for three days.

Since DH is working out of town this weekend, and I was left with a mountain of work, I often stayed up so late as to just fall asleep in the mess.

Sad thing is when I woke up, it was still there. And it will likely stay there until these papers are finished, later this week.

Every once in awhile, I reward myself by daydreaming of simpler, get-your-hands-dirty, organic things - like knitting, or sewing or making salsa. When my vacation starts next week, you can bet I will either immersed in a trashy book, knitting a tea towel or some other lazing around.

Certainly, these profs shove a lot of work our way and it is their job to do it. But the real problem is how difficult it is for me to get started writing. I am a die-hard procrastinator.
Check Spelling
So, I bring this on myself. One of my friends finished a paper I am still writing weeks ago. I was truly green with envy....

No comments:

Post a Comment