Monday, April 9, 2012

What's the Point?

I have been away.

Busy working, busy living.  Frankly, I haven't felt like posting. Sometimes I am not sure what I wanted to get out of this blog. Originally, I did it for sharing little thoughts or ideas about regular things. My main topic of sharing has/had to do with sustainability. I spend time cooking, gardening, making things because I think it is a great way to de-stress and be self-reliant. If we can do a bit of that, well, we are well on our way to sustainability. You don't have to buy everything. Up until recent history, humans didn't buy a heck of a lot. And you know what? Buying things is really a poor substitute for living.

Buying too much creates garbage and other waste. It makes us complacent and lazy. It makes us poor. It makes us forget what is important.

If this world ends up going to Hell, or more specifically if much of what we rely on is doomed (cheap energy, food, civil society),  I want to at least make a go of still living.

So, I could go on with my  sermon. But lucky for you I won't. The fact is I haven't come to terms with what I want out of this blog. I am not ready for it to die like millions of others on the Web. But I am not sure my foci are the same anymore.

I may be morphing, and this blog along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment