Thursday, September 8, 2011

Zucchini Pickles

Okay, I have confirmed it - I no longer need to buy copious amounts of cucumbers to make pickles.  I tried zucchini pickles - both dills as well as bread and butter and they came out great!

I am sold. The key seems to be harvesting the zucchinis while they are still small, which of course can be difficult as zucchini can grow so quickly! I picked them at 4-8" which worked out well. Some, which were too small on the Sunday before I went away to work for the week were humongous by Friday. That is okay, I froze a bunch of grated and blanched zucchini in baggies for making zucchini bread etc. at a later time.

While I did look at some specific zucchini pickle recipes, for the most part, they didn't appear to be any different than the cucumber recipes, so for the bread and butter pickles, I used my favourite recipe from bernardin.ca





No comments:

Post a Comment